Pilates classes and clinical Pilates
Many gyms and fitness studios offer Pilates classes, however as part of our holistic treatment plans, Motion Health Group offers individual and group clinical Pilates classes taught by qualified professionals and physiotherapists.
Our approach to Pilates is clinically proven and specifically tailored to each individual’s needs. Because of this, we see great results in both female and male participants of all ages.
Clinical Pilates – with a professional instructor
Clinical Pilates is a highly-individualised form of traditional Pilates lead by qualified professionals and physiotherapists who have completed formal Pilates training. This means you will complete a safe and effective program under their guidance.
With a focus on rehabilitation and prevention, your physio will prescribe specific Pilates exercises based on your detailed physiotherapy assessment. These tailored exercises target problem areas ensuring greater results and minimising the risk of injury re-aggravation.
You will use a combination of specialised Pilates equipment including reformers and trapeze table complimented by floor-based exercises depending on your needs. This brings about better targeting and resistance as you progress in your Pilates program.
Motion Health Pilates features
Your Pilates program at Motion Health will feature the following:
- Clinical methodology - an evidence-based technique taught by qualified professionals and physios who know the intricate details of your body;
- Individually-tailored exercises - focus on working the areas specific to your needs;
- Attentive, instructional, and focused - correct technique and personal application;
- Specialised Pilates equipment - such as reformers and trapeze table, not just floor mats;
- Range of service options - individuals (one-on-one), semi-private (two to four) and classes (maximum of eight).
Free pre-Pilates assessment
When it comes to your physical health, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach.
As part of our individually-tailored Pilates service, you receive a free pre-Pilates assessment during which your physio will establish areas of focus. We will then build the most suitable program to give the results you’re after.
Our instructors also spend extra time teaching key muscle contraction techniques, which enables you to get more out of every Pilates workout session.
Speciality Pilates equipment
We use a mix of specialised equipment including Pilates reformers, trapeze tables, fit balls, foam rollers and more. This equipment is designed specifically for clinical Pilates, promoting correct technique, appropriate resistance levels, and targeted exercises so you can really work your key areas and see results.
Our unique Pilates service is available in three varieties:
- Individual - one-on-one tailored program with a phsyio;
- Semi-private - two to four participants for those who have completed a one-on-one program;
- Group - five to eight participants.
You will learn about dynamic stability that improves the functional strength of your spine and limbs as well as improving posture meaning you will see the results that you want, faster.
Request a pre-Pilates assessment or class at your local Motion Health practice.Find your location practice to make a booking